Sunday, February 26, 2012

Art Bead Scene: February Challenge Entry

As I mentioned in my previous blog entry, I decided to join the Art Bead Scene February Challenge taking inspiration from the painting "The Conference of Birds". 


I made my focal pendant with polymer clay, sculpting a green bird with floral swirls as a background.


Focal Pendant in Polymer Clay

Then I completed the necklace with glass and acrylic beads in earth tones and inserted antique spacer beads to complete the vintage look.



Complete Necklace

Back portion of the necklace

I'm really looking forward in joining more challenges in the months to come.

3 comments:

  1. Your polymer focal is absolutely stunning! And I love all the beautiful colors in this amazing piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I've worked with polymer clay and can manage to make a house or circle, period. How in the world did you do that? It's amazing! The beads complement your focal piece perfectly. Lovely! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alice and Beth for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete