Then I tried it for myself.
I bought my clay extruder from a fellow clay artist for a steal. It has 19 discs and chrome plated. I think the brand is sculpey.
|Sculpey clay gun|
Anyway, I was trying out this new technique wherein you need snakes of clay in equal length and proportion. I was so excited because at last I will have a reason to try my new purchase. Lo and behold! The clay would not budge. It did wield snakes of clay for a while but I manage to get an inch of it.
Right now here's the progress of my project: extruding clay = to sore hands.
I was frustrated. Then on the Philippine Polymer Clay Guild facebook page, someone gave me a link on how to make adapters to connect with your clay guns for easy use. They used a caulking gun for the adapter. I asked my ever reliable handy man (my better half :)) to make one for me. And after 2 weeks of studying the photos from the internet and tweaking it a bit, my clay gun is ready to use. Here's how it look now:
|my new clay gun adapter :)|
An it's so easy to use! The clay extruded perfectly well!
I so love my new clay extruder and also to my better half who devised it. Expect more projects using this contraption from me. :)