Sunday, August 7, 2011

Introduction

Well, this is me attempting to do another blog to write about my adventures. To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a writer. I'm lazy in documenting things that needed to be documented. So in honor of my "first official blog", allow me to introduce myself.


Growing up, Art has always been a part of my life. As a kid, I would watch fairy tale cartoons and make an illustrated storybook about it afterwards. I would play around my cousin's Lego set and build a room for my paper dolls. I love drawing and painting landscapes and still life using pastels and watercolor as media. I would have liked to be a stained glass artist but materials were not readily accessible here so I substituted it with Japanese colored paper and plastic sheets. I also took up photography when I can already afford a DSLR camera.



Then I was introduced to beaded accessories. I learned the craft through books and magazines, then the next thing I knew, I was hooked!
Here are some pictures of my beaded accessories :)




But alas, it has its limitations. I wanted to do more unique, one-of-a-kind pieces.





Last year, while browsing the net for resin jewelry, I stumbled upon Polymer Clay. I was a little hesitant at first because of all the arts, sculpting was never my strongest suit. I bought my first clays and tools from Ms. Mel Felipe of Purplenook(you can check out her facebook site for clay and crafting goodies: http://www.facebook.com/PurpleNook). Then I took my first workshop with the Beadlady, Ms. Angeli SobrepeƱa-Del Rosario (www.thebeadlady.info/)


Clay creations during the workshop :)


After hoarding materials, tools, books and workshops, I felt like I definitely found my passion. There are so many ways with Polymer clay, so many techniques to master and to discover. And I am happy that the craft and the people who continuously master it have welcomed me warm-heartily into their niche.

No comments:

Post a Comment